This policy explains how ARC Lighting CC (“ARC Lighting“, “we” or “us“) collects information from you
and how we use the information we collect or which you provide. This includes information which we collect
or that you provide in person, over the telephone or via any ARC Lighting website or via other online services
and platforms (together, our “Site“).
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the controller is ARC Lighting CC of 12 Goud Crescent,
Brackenfell Industrial, Cape Town, South Africa, 7561. If you have any questions regarding this policy please
send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
You may give us information about you when you do any of the following:
contact us by email or phone
create an account
sign up to receive our various newsletters by email
obtain a quote for our products or services
purchase our products or services
If you want to use any of these services, you may need to provide us with some additional personal information so that we
can liaise with you in order to deal with your request, query, purchase, quotation request, application and/or customer account
registration. If you do choose to provide us with your personal information, we will collect that information for our own use and
for the purposes described in this Policy.
This information will be collected primarily from you as the information voluntarily provided to us by filling in forms,
corresponding with us by email, phone or in person. This information might include:
- your name
- your business and/or home contact details e.g. address, telephone numbers (including your mobile telephone number) and email address
- details for the reason(s) for your contact, as set out above
- if you create an online account – your username, password and details of the product(s) and/or service(s) that you can purchase
- if you make a request for a quotation or an order for purchase/supply of services – financial and delivery information which may include your home or work address and telephone number
- your contact and marketing preferences
- if you use one of our websites, your IP (Internet Protocol) address to your establish your location, unless you are a VPN service
- if you visit our premises, CCTV footage taken at any of our sites and factory for security purposes
- If you purchase a product or service from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment
- processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
When you use our websites, we automatically collect information about your device, including your IP address, information about
your visit (including how you got to our websites) and how you use our services. We may combine this information with other
information you have provided to us which we have received from other sources.
on their computer / device. This complies with recent legislative requirements.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about user interactions and usage of the
website. This allows the website, through its server, to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the user and saving of cookies from this website on to their computer’s hard drive they should
take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
We use tracking software to monitors visitor statistics in order to better understand how users interact with our site. This software is provided
and monitor engagement and usage of the website but will not store, save or collect personal information.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your information to:
- provide users with further information about the products and services offered through the website
- assist users in answering any questions or queries that the user may have submitted
- contract users who have signed-up for our newsletter, by email or other means
- communicate with customers in relation the their online orders
- to process and administer your order(s) of our products and/or services
- to perform ID and credit checks to ensure your location and ability to pay
- process orders that you have submitted
- notify you of changes to our services
- administering our website and apps and for internal business administration (for example, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes)
- protecting our interests and those of third parties and as part of our efforts to keep our services safe and secure
- managing and operating your account with us
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data,
we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your
personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the
applicable legal requirements. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory. We will hold your personal
information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
We will not pass your information to third-parties, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to by law, for example, by a courier
order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
We will not share your information with third-parties for marketing purposes.
We normally provide information about your visit to Google Analytics to help us improve and optimise our services. We only share this information in a
form that does not directly identify you.
Our websites may contain links to third-party websites, including social media buttons like Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Your use of these third party
services is entirely optional. We are not responsible for the privacy and policies and/or practices of these third party services, and you are responsible
for reading and understanding those third party services` privacy policies.
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents“). We may need to
share personal information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right
to use personal information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to sharing of Personal
Information with our Agents.
We employ appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access of user data that we store, including personal information.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can do this at any time by emailing us at
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to find out what information the government and other organisations store about you. These include the right to:
- be informed about how your data is being used
- access personal data
- have incorrect data updated
- have data erased
- stop or restrict the processing of your data
- data portability (allowing you to get and reuse your data for different services)
- object to how your data is processed in certain curcumstances
You also have rights when an organisation us using your personal data for:
- automated decision-making processes (without human involvement)
- profiling, for example to predict your behaviour or interests
For the purposes of data protection legislation, the controller is ARC Lighting CC of 12 Goud Crescent, Brackenfell Industrial, Cape Town, South Africa, 7561.
If you have any questions regarding this policy please send them to email@example.com
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
is used. If we make changes in the way we collect or use information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on the Website or sending you an email.