The next Light and Health Institute will be held on September 26-27, 2017.
The Light and Health Institute is a two-day, hands-on seminar for working professionals, providing the latest research as it can be applied, and the knowledge necessary to improve our modern living environments with circadian-effective lighting to support human health and wellbeing. Light of the appropriate quantity, spectrum, timing, duration, and distribution can have a profound effect on sleep, alertness, and performance, and can be used to reduce symptoms associated with conditions such as jet lag, Alzheimer’s disease, insomnia, and depression.
This seminar is of critical interest to those within the field of healthcare, lighting industry professionals, researchers in the biological sciences, facility managers, architects, designers, and others.
At the conclusion of the Institute:
- Participants will be able to critically analyze information on the effects of light on human health
- Lighting specifiers will be able to review and select lighting fixtures and systems that can positively influence health and wellbeing
- Lighting manufacturers will be able to develop lighting fixtures and systems that can be used to positively influence health and wellbeing
- Lighting designers will be able to evaluate the effects of a lighting design on health and wellbeing
- Participants will be able to calculate the impact of light from any light sources and light levels on the human circadian system
- Participants will understand the effects of light on target populations such as older adults, adolescents, school children, shift workers, and others
- Participants will understand the limitations of current lighting metrics (e.g., CCT, lux) in specifying light for the circadian system
For more information, visit the website.
14 September 2017.